Publisher: J. Arthur Dixon.
City: Douglas, Isle of Man (United Kingdom).
Built by Metropolitan Railway Carriage and Wagon Company of Birmingham in 1883, the car was purchased second-hand from the South Shields Tramway Company. It is a four-wheeled vehicle with a track gauge of 3 feet and seats twenty inside and twenty-four on the top deck. It was the last double-deck horse-drawn tramcar to operate in the Isle of Man and a typical example of the double-deck knifeboard car which was very common in this country from 1860 until 1900 and probably the oldest double-deck horse-drawn tramcar in Britain.
Last updated: May 10, 2022.